brand-181501

0

Comfy But Ugly - For years I wore Maseur Massage Sandals until their quality went down the drain and the company quit producing them because they virtually disintegrated within several months of constant wear. In my search for a replacement I thankfully stumbled upon Old Friends Beachcomber. I wear a 7-1/2 shoe but based on previous reviews that said this shoe ran small, I ordered a size 8 (ladies) only to discover that it was a full size too big. I ordered a 2nd pair in a size 7 and it fits much better. This sandal is quite comfortable out of the box, provided you are already used to walking on a fully nibbed massage insole. However, if this is your first time wearing this type of shoe, I would suggest you get your feet accustomed to the nibs by walking in them for only 10-15 minutes out of each hour and gradually increasing the time over several days until you can wear them for extended periods. After botched foot surgery, this is the ONLY type of shoe I can wear that allows me to walk without the balls of my feet feeling like I'm walking on a rock. I wear them continuously during all my waking hours. And when they get dirty, I just toss them in the washing machine with my jeans and let them air dry. My only gripe is that they're design is just plain ugly and they don't have quite enough arch support. The upper strap is so wide that it looks like you're wearing bedroom slippers instead of casual sandals plus the front of the strap collides with the tops of my toe joints as my foot bends to take a step which can be really irritating. If the manufacturer made the strap half as wide by cutting back the front half, AND increased the height of the nibs in the arch to provide better support, I think these sandals would be perfect from both an esthetic and comfort perspective. Additionally, it would be nice to have more color choices but at the very least offering a tan or beige in addition to the current black and brown choices, would provide a more neutral color that I know women especially would find appealing.

Footwear-brand:brand-181501

0 comments:

Post a Comment